Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Couple Developments & Random Shit

It's Thursday people! What you doing with your life?

I'll start with the developments and end with the random shit.  Here we go.

I'm currently in the process of rewriting my horror short FEAR, wrote a detailed outline and everything cuz it felt rushed, which would make this the 6th draft but I'm gonna stop until it hit 10. Until i'm completely and utterly confident cuz rewriting is writing. Rewriting is fundamental.
Still learning how to master the horror structure.  I'm sticking to it because this is  the genre I picked.  This is the genre I live for.  I LOVE horror and gore at the same damn time.  Grew up on Tales From The Crypt, Carrie, Psycho and some other scary shit.  I could be Hitchcock's illegitimate black daughter, you don't know.

The deadline for Stage 32's Search For New Blood contest has expired and I'm sad to report I did not have a finished product to submit.  However, that's not gonna stop me from finishing the script.  I feel like every vampire movie or tv show I've seen pales in comparison to my kind of vampires.  I feel like i'm the only one who can introduce the world to my breed of vamps, and I'm more than grateful for the privilege.
The last vamp tv show I watched was Van Helsing, and I couldn't get into it.  Let's forget the fact that they look like extras from The Walking Dead.  Are they vampires or are they zombies? Do they want brains or do they want blood? I can't tell.  Anyway,  it's the zombie apocalypse and the survivors are held up in this hospital, along with the soldiers, the zombie doctor and the main character one of the soldiers (Axel) is sworn to protect.  The main character (Vanessa) is laid up on a operating table, a zombie comes in and bites her neck.  Afterwards, he starts spitting out blood.  She awakens and punches the shit out of him.  Later on, the zombie reverts back to a human and we find out there's something special about her blood.  Her blood is the cure.  So they basically ripped off I Am Legend.
All that aside, I still couldn't get into it.  I didn't care about the storyline or the characters or what happens if the zombies got a hold of Vanessa.  I'm not knocking the show. It gets points for being kind of original.

While we're on the subject, it kinda has that Warm Bodies feel to it.  Horrible movie by the way.  The zombies aren't all bad, all they need is TLC. Like they have a cold and chicken noodle soup is the cure. GTFOH.  You think these lovesick zombies would stand a chance against the Resident Evil Zombies?

Right now I'm at my desk sipping on a big ass mug of tea.  I'm going back to tea since I feel like coffee makes me more irritable.  And the strange thing is, coffee used to have a revers effect on me but now up is down and down is up.  I love coffee, my favorite is Folger's Black Silk, but I find myself cranky all the time when I don't have it.  I don't know.  I can't be the only one.  I still love coffee, i love tea too but it's a different kind of love.  I'm a coffee addict now, itching for her next hit.

Let's talk about these telemarketers, OMG they blowing up my cell, blowing up my home phone.  I'm like lee me lone(leave me alone).  I ain't humoring you.  If I don't recognize your number or got it in my memory bank, I ain't picking up the phone.  I hope you stay broke. Cuz ya'll work on commission.




Until the next time...........







No comments: