Monday, July 11, 2016

Change

Happy Monday people!  It's the first day of the week.............





Hope you had a good weekend x A lot of disheartening shit going on the in the world.  Cops killing innocent people based on the color of their skin.  I'm not saying all cops are the same.  There are some good cops out there, men/women that will put their life on the line for anyone, regardless of the color.  But the majority needs to be stopped, needs to be reprimanded.  My heart is still heavy over the violent slaughter of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, not to mention (WE MUST NOT FORGET) Sandra Bland, Eric Garner, Mike Brown, Trayvon Martin, Freddie Gray, Tamir Rice, Rekiyah Boyd.   I pray for their families as well as the families of the officers who were killed in Dallas.   They didn't deserve that.  NO ONE deserves that.  Violence is not the answer.  Violence only begets violence.  It's so easy to hate but it's more powerful to love.  In order to effect change we must use our brains instead of our fists.  In order to effect change, we must lift our voices and do something about it, make the world safe for our kids to live in.  In order to effect change, we must band together.  In order to effect change, we must be that change.



When I first heard about Alton Sterling, I just turned 40.. so you can imagine how difficult it was to celebrate this milestone in this life, knowing that the world is in the shape it's in.   My thoughts of Alton and his family overpowered everything else.  I spent my birthday with my mother and Maker's Mark (I had to get my drink on regardless)  I had plans of going to Vegas for my birthday.  A milestone birthday is huge and I wanted a huge celebration, but due to lack of funds and the way my money's set up, it wouldn't be possible.
It was pretty ok as birthdays go.  Had a cake, my mom cooked one of my favorite meals and a bottle of Maker's....Mediocre.  I have a laundry list of mediocre birthdays and didn't want to add this milestone to the list, but it's too late for that.   Still not giving on Vegas though.



Some news on the writing front.........I just finished the first draft of my short, LOU.  Now the real magic can begin aka the rewriting process.   Also an update on the pilot, I have Act Two down.  Three more acts to go.  I can't lose this momentum i got right now.  Gotta keep building
                    WE gotta keep building.





No comments: